Well, freaking EmG tagged me for the favorite songs thing. Since she's ultra not-lame and I'm actually recording a mix tape right now on my stereo, I figured I might as well fill it out again:
5 Favorite Songs at the Moment
- Mos Def - "Mr. Nigga"
- Keane - "Somewhere Only We Know"
- Ratatat - "Germany to Germany"
- Whitney Houston - "Queen of the Night (remix)"
- Hot Water Music - "I Was On a Mountain"
Why is making lists of songs so fun? I don't know. Hey, if anyone has a suggestion for the title of this particular mix tape, I'd really appreciate it. Normally, I compile what's going to go on the tape and then a title comes to me, but this time I'm stuck. The aforementioned tape has songs by the following artists:
Cee-Lo, Earth Wind & Fire, Buena Vista Social Club, Electric Light Orchestra/ELO, Whitney Houston, Hot Water Music, Ratatat, Coldplay, Blink182, BOne Thugs N' Harmony, Mos Def, Common, Keane, Kelly Clarkson, My Chemical Romance, Celia Cruz, John Mayer, Destiny's Child, the DOors, Gorillaz
So yeah, the other night I went with Chloe and Missy to CHloe's friend's house in Random, Massachusetts for a small gathering/ party type thing. While there, I met some people who know some guy I know at Wes, saw my first 10 foot tall glow in the dark phalliac sculpture, spilled my drink twice, turned red (as usual), saw my favorite person ever (aka Manu Ginobli) but only on TV, called Stephen, and stole a wine cork. It was an interesting experience, I suppose.
I'm currently waiting for a certain Katie Wise to get home from work to see if she still wants to go see the Get Up Kids' LAST SHOW EVER... well, their last show in Massachusetts ever. I really can't afford the $20 ticket at the moment, but I've never been very sensible when it comes to shows and bands I like. Maybe I'll even buy some useless merchandise! Hey, I've bought a SCARF and an UMBRELLA from Big D and the Kids Table, so if I come back with a coffee mug cozy that says "The Get Up Kids" on it, do not be surprised.
Other things of note:
- I caved and bought the new Coldplay CD. It's good, but just seems kind of like the other COldplay CDs I have... is that bad?
- I still need to see HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, even if I have to drive all the way to Cambridge. Who's with me? C'mon, someone speak up, because if I ask this and then get no comments, I'll look even more pathetic... wahh.
- If you like music and get bored easily, join AUDIOSCROBBLER! My username is easternxyouth.
- Nashua's favorite celebrity, Mandy Moore, is in the studio making another album (a precious tidbit I learned from TRL). I know yall were dying to hear that.